The federal government has now announced a Scheme called e-Shram for unorganized workers. The scheme operates under the Ministry of Labor and Employment of the Central Government. There are 43.7 crores, unorganized workers, in India and the main objective of the scheme is to fully identify them and provide them with the required welfare schemes and employment. The details of the unorganized workers are clearly given in this article. Also, if you are an unorganized worker, please register and benefit from this Scheme.
- 1 About E-Shram Portal
- 2 Benefits of the e-Sharam Scheme
- 3 Eligibility to get e-Shram UAN Card
- 4 Documents required to apply for e-Shram UAN Card
- 5 How to apply for e-Shram UAN Card
- 6 e-Shram Card Download
- 7 People Also Read!
About E-Shram Portal
|Portal Name||E-Shram Portal|
|Authority||Minister for Labour and Employment|
Benefits of the e-Sharam Scheme
Loans will be provided to workers applying for this scheme for good employment and career advancement. In addition, 2 lakh per annum medical insurance will be provided exclusively to the workers joining the scheme. Workers who are already enrolled in the NDUW Scheme can easily join the program. Applicants who join will not be required to pay a yearly subscription of 12 rupees for the NDUW scheme.
Jobs eligible for e-Shram Scheme
- Construction workers
- Street vendors
- Mid-day meal workers
- Head loaders
- Audio- visual workers
- Brick kiln workers
- Rag pickers
- Domestic workers
- Washer men
- Home based workers
- Rickshaw pullers
- Landless labourers
- Own account workers
- Agricultural workers
- Handloom workers
- Leather workers
- Beedi workers
Workers who are doing various informal businesses like this can benefit by joining this scheme.
Eligibility to get e-Shram UAN Card
Informal workers who wish to join and benefit from this program must have some of the following qualifications.
- Age must be between 16 and 59 Years
- Must be non-income tax payer to the government
- Not be a member of EPFO and ESIC
- Must be an unorganized worker
Documents required to apply for e-Shram UAN Card
As the e-Shram scheme operates under the Ministry of Labor and Employment of the Central Government, we request all unorganized workers to join and benefit from it. The documents required to register for this scheme are given below.
Mandatory required documents
- Aadhar card made by eKYC
- Active bank account
- Mobile Number
Without Mandatory required documents
- Education Qualification Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Occupation Certificate
- Work Skills Training Certificate
How to apply for e-Shram UAN Card
Workers who want to apply for this program can apply yourself by following the rules below. You can also get a UAN card yourself.
- First visit the e-Shram official website
- Login through the digital service
- Click Register New UAN on the right hand side
- Enter Aadhar number and verify OTP
- Now showing all the details in Aadhar
- Click the Continue to Enter Other Details button
- Now give the qualification details and the job description
- Please enter an active bank number
- Now click on the Save & Continue button
- Finally there will be the link to download the UAN card
After downloading the UAN card, laminate it and secure it. Because this card is a sign that you are an unorganized worker.
e-Shram Card Download
When applying for this program you will finally get the link to download the S-Shram UAN Card. You can download the card by clicking on that link. If not, log on to the official website and download.